This is a friendly reminder that the deadline to register for the London Branch Canada Music Week Festival is coming up on October 20th. Registration forms can be obtained by emailing the recital committee below.
November 15th – When the youtube videos and PDFs are due to be submitted
November 20th – When the in-person festival will take place (at Riverside United Church, 695 Riverside Dr, London, Ont.) Classes and times will be sent out in late October. If Covid numbers get too high for us to run the event, these students will be moved to the virtual festival.
November 27th – This is the Canada Music Week Awards recital – more information about this performance will come out closer to that date.
We are very excited to have Ina Dykstra (online) and Marnie Van Weelden (online and in-person) adjudicating this year.
Please note that due to Covid, there will be limited space for spectators at the November 20th in-person event. Each student taking part may be accompanied by one guest. Teachers who wish to attend: kindly get in touch with Elanna Clark (see email address below).
We are also looking for teacher volunteers to help out on the day of the festival. If you are free that day and would like to help out, please get in touch with Elanna Clark at [email protected]. We would love to see you there!
ORMTA REQUIRES ALL ATTENDEES OF IN-PERSON EVENTS TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS FOUND IN Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19, 2020) Act. All performers and guests 12+ must provide proof of vaccination upon entry. Please speak with your students/parents to ensure any submissions are in compliance with this requirement.
In Person Recital Guidelines:
- Proof of vaccination is required for everyone 12+
- Screening questions must be asked upon entry
- There is a limit of one guest per performer to adhere to capacity limits
- Teachers must RSVP to ensure there is space
- Masks are mandatory for all guests and performers of all ages
- Hand sanitizer (provided beside the piano) must be used before and after every performance
- Memorization is not required. If a student does decide to use the music for a piece, please ensure they have an extra copy for the adjudicator. No photocopies will be accepted. If the student is taking part in the virtual festival, they will be required to send PDFs of their pieces for the adjudicators.
We are looking forward to celebrating Canada Music Week in such a special way this year! Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions.
Canada Music Week Festival Committee