The ORMTA London Branch student competitions will take place on Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. at Riverside United Church. We plan at this moment to have an in-person event but will pivot if necessary to virtual.
There are 5 categories:
- Junior Competition (fee $25) – grade 8 or 9 – time limit of 10 minutes – winner goes on to zone level only.
- Provincial Instrumental Competition (fee $30) – grade 10 and Associate level – program time of 15-20 minutes – winner goes on to zone and possibly provincial levels.
- Provincial Vocal Competition (fee $30) – grade 9, 10 and Associate level – program time of 15-20 minutes – winner goes on to zone and possibly provincial levels.
- Young Artist Competition (fee $40) – Associate level or above – program time of 30-45 minutes – winner goes on to zone and possibly provincial levels.
- Junior Adjudication (fee $20) – grade 6 or 7 – time limit of 6 minutes – adjudication only – non- competitive – London branch only
The winner of each category of competition will go on to the zone level competition, hosted this year by London Branch. It will take place at Riverside United Church on Sat. May 28. This year we are using our own application forms for all categories. Each competitor must also a ‘Signature and media waiver’ form which I will provide at the competition. The rules and regulations for the Provincial Instrumental, Provincial Vocal and Young Artist competitions can be found at www.ormta.org under ‘competitions and awards’. The rules for the Junior Competition and Junior Adjudication categories are on the respective application forms. The entry forms are available via email to [email protected] and are due by Wed. May 4 for the London competition. They should be emailed to [email protected] and the fee can be sent by email transfer to [email protected] .
Feel free to contact Jan Danowski by email or phone (519-777-1808) if you want further information.